Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Transit & Rule #4

I’m a little swamped today, with the plethora of tasks that are piling up, so I can only dash out a brief post right now, hopefully to be followed by a more substantial analysis.

Both Furrow and Jonathan Potts have some very in depth discussions on Pittsburgh’s Port Authority Transit projects and the proposed Mon-Fayette Expressway. Both seem to be puzzled over the rationale for these endeavors, but both agree that these are bad projects.

Bad projects! No biscuit!

So, while I go and brush up on all the back story involved (THE BUREAUCRACY has done little work with the DOT and even less with the State of Pennsylvania), I’ll leave you with Rule #4, “The Money Rule”:

IT’S ABOUT THE MONEY! IF PEOPLE TELL YOU IT’S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY, IT’S MOST DEFINITELY ABOUT THE MONEY. IF IT’S ABOUT POWER, IT’S ABOUT MONEY. IF IT’S ABOUT SEX, IT’S ABOUT POWER. IT’S ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY! FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

---
This post brought to you by: That light headed feeling you get from missing lunch.

2 comments:

fester said...

First, I thought it was all about the nookie, the nookie, so shove it up your ear... Yeahh!!!

But really, I was trying to follow through on your hyperlinks and they are not working. You might want to work on that. But I agree, there is a boat load of money in both transit projects that make no sense, and I think if you check out Pitt's Blog post about convention centers and other capital intensive supposedly tourism boosting investment schemes, there is a damm common thread here.

O said...

Fixed the links; I found out that if you write the HTML in MSWord, the smart quotes screw up everything.