Thursday, February 02, 2006

Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go!


I'm not as big a football freak as Fester, but, like most Pittsburghers, I love my Steelers. I just don't like to talk about it much. I'm a 30 Level Rogue Night Elf in World of Warcraft, but you don't hear me going on and on about it.

Same deal with the Steelers.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts, irrespective of the actual game:

First, NATIONAL NEWS MEDIA! PLEASE GET OFF OUR BANDWAGON!

Seriously. I'm sick to death of hearing about Jerome, Ben, Troy, etc. etc. I can only imagine what people in Seattle think about us. Not that I really care what other people think of us, but we don't seem to do well when we're favorites. I'd like a nice moral, underdog victory and avoid the jinx.

Second, did the city freak out like this in '96? I honestly don't remember. But damn...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us, from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Damn.

Third, Bob O'Connor's been pretty lucky to have had two big parties in a month. [At least that's what they tell me; I was chained to my desk all day today. I heard there was ice cream?] I'm not complaining, we're in need of circuses... that aren't in City Council chambers

Fourth, Karl Marx didn't know jack about opiates. This City is feeling goooood.

Fifth, it's time for an Ahrn.

No comments: