Thursday, April 14, 2005

Here I Am (Rock You Like a Hurricane)

I apologize for my lack of a posting yesterday. I had a really good one lined up when Blogger decided to eat it.

So I waited until after work, tried to write it from memory, and post it again...

Only this time IE decided that it was tired of life, went postal, and took my machine and several innocent passerbys with it.

So I went home and, after my nightly ritual of Simpsons & Daily Show reruns and a shot or two of Scotch, I went to try and post for a third time... only this time my evil cable ISP went to Mars or Des Moines or something, shutting me out entirely.

I finally came to the realization that that post was never meant to be and it will never see the glowing electronic light of the Internet. 'Tis a shame as it assigned the stunning visual imagery of a brick encased Walnut, a robotic duck from the US Postal Service, and a pack of lemurs all named "Phil" to Bill Peduto, Michael Lamb, and Bob O'Connor... although not necessarily in that order.

Speaking of which, did anyone else who received Bobby's new campaign mailing notice that the picture of him "Hard at Work" on the inside has the "work" sideways? You can clearly tell that the words are not reading from left to right (or even right to left if he was reading Hebrew). Oops! The picture suggests that Bobby doesn't know and isn't paying attention to what he's doing... which, if this was a cynical blog, could be used as a metaphor to describe his campaign.

But this is not a cynical blog.

Those of you interested in Design, Community, & Quality of Life and the Pittsburgh Mayor's Race will be interested in the Mayoral Forum being held by The Pittsburgh Civic Design Coalition on Wednesday, April 20, 2005, @ 6 PM in the Convention Center. RSVP to (412) 471-9548 or email info[at]aiapgh.org. This is Peduto's "New Pittsburgh" crowd, so expect him to do well in front of these guys. Expect Lamb to try to make in roads and explain what a prothonotary knows about design. Expect O'Connor to pretend to know what he's talking about, but be generally affable. Expect everyone else not to be invited.

OK Blogger... eat this!

1 comment:

Ol' Froth said...

O'Connor is going to show up?