Monday, October 17, 2005

Attention Swedes: This is Not the Blog You're Looking For

This is weird: for some reason, there are Europeans who desperately need to know why I feel Carthage should be destroyed, utterly.

I kid you not:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Nearly all those European dots were searching on the phrase Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam,which, for those of you not in the know, is apparently how* Cato the Elder ended every speech in the Roman Senate, no matter what the subject. The Angry Drunk Bureaucrat is your #1 Google hit for this phrase.

So to my brethren in Europe: I don't know nearly enough Latin to be useful, only enough to be dangerous. Try the Pope next time; I hear his translation is infallible.

P.S. Attention! Dude from Qatar! Are you lost?

---
**The alternative formulation, by the way, is Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam, but really who cares?

No comments: