Tuesday, March 18, 2008

ADB Invests in Gold, Canned Foods, and Tin Cups

I'm not an economist; believe me, if I was, I would have called this site "The Angry Drunk Economist" or "F.A. Hayek, FU" or "The Invisible Hand Job."

Anyway, this whole recent economic... erm... shitstorm, has me nauseous, scared, and frankly trying to figure out how to capture and eat squirrels from my neighbor's yard.

The Dow surged today on news of a cut in the Fed Rate, of course, the same thing happens when heroin addicts get another fix, so this should be unsurprising. It does, however, raise two questions:

(1) How does this affect the ARM freeze enacted a few months back? Are early adopters screwed?

(2) Now that the Fed Rate is down to 2.25%, should the economy continue to tank, what other tricks do they have left in their sleeves?

And the bonus third question:

(3) Do you really think that this is over yet?

Again, I'm not an economist, but I think I'm going to start trying to figure out how much I can get if I melt down my gold fillings and my Sharper Image Stock.

No comments: