Monday, March 10, 2008

Ravenstahl: "I feel like the prettiest girl at the ball"

The Post-Gazette is reporting that both the Clinton and Obama campaigns are a-courting our young mayor for his endorsement going into the April 22nd primary, which is, I suppose, somewhat akin to divorcing parents fighting over the love of their only child. Lord knows, if Hillary gives Luke a Wii, Obama's going to give him a PSP; if Obama takes him to the beach, Hillary's going to take him to Disney World. And much like all broken marriages, the kid will make his choice only to be abandoned by the "winning" parent some months later, and eventually show up on Jerry Springer as a transvestite prostitute with mommy/daddy issues.

I think it important to note here, that I am in no way suggesting that Mr. Ravenstahl wears women's underwear*... as far as I know.

The funny thing is, of course, that because Lukey has become a rather polarizing figure in Pittsburgh Politics, and that whoever he endorses will be laden with the baggage of being "Ravenstahl endorsed." That is, if you don't mind being linked with what some voters consider an underqualified, politically and nepotistically connected, accident to the seat of power.

You know, like George W. Bush.

Anyway, I think Luke's obvious choice for endorsement is going to be Clinton, mostly because she's already gotten the nod from the ACDC... and not because she's affiliated with that guy that took Luke to NYC.

---
*/singing/
I'm Luke Ravenstahl and I'm OK!
I sleep all night and I work all day...

No comments: