Friday, June 11, 2010

Beer-er My God to Thee

Where was I?

Ah, this:

After years of squabbling over unpaid bills, the Pittsburgh Water & Sewer Authority today announced it had reached a settlement with Lawrenceville-based Iron City Brewing LLC.
The total value of the settlement is $750,000, above the $400,000 figure the authority originally agreed to, but below the $1 million sought by city councilman Patrick Dowd, a member of the PWSA board, whose district includes the now mostly vacated 148-year-old brewery in Lawrenceville now proposed for redevelopment.
As part of the settlement, PWSA will retain the rights to "Piss Water", previously reserved for Iron City and will be allowed to dump the beer directly into the toilets, in order to eliminate the middle man.

I also heard from a leak that the whiz kids over at Iron City Brewing will be allowed to pass water bills onto new owners of the building.

3 comments:

Ms. Monongahela, Ms. Chief Editor said...

Glad to hear from you. I was ready to write your obituary. Truth be told, I already have one canned. Minor updates would be necessary, of course.

O said...

Sorry to disappoint. Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. I have, however been plagued by a combination of other commitments, writer's block, real life, crippling pessimism, and a computer that's on its last legs.

I don't want to go on the cart yet.

When I do though, it will be epic.

mds said...

"I also heard from a leak that the whiz kids over at Iron City Brewing will be allowed to pass water bills onto new owners of the building."

Marry me.