Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday Apologies

I'd like to apologize to my regular readers (both of them) for the dearth of postings recently. Aside from my weekend off dead for tax reasons, The Bureaucracy is humming along with activity, which is keeping me frightfully busy and with ittle time for blogging first thing in the morning. By the time I get home, slip out of the work clothes and into a dry martini, I realize it's becoming too late to do the things that normal people do, i.e., shop, bike, garden, play MarioKart, make a sacrifice to the Almighty Wayo, etc.

Blogging, unfortunately, has not been my highest priority when I only get 3.5 hrs of sleep.

But anyway, I had a story I wanted to share:

A coworker at The Bureaucracy received a call from Government A today asking if Program #54 could be applied to such-and-such project. As The Bureaucracy deals with Program #54, Employee of Government A thought we might have some insight into the regs of this program. Unfortunately, The Bureaucracy doesn't run Program #54, so we don't really know the answer to his question.

However, the entity that runs Program #54 and would know the answer is...


wait for it...


Government A.


In fact, said Employee of Government A is the one that oversees the implimentation of Program #54.

In short: Employee of Government A is asking us how to do his job.

I had an aneurism in response to his question.

No comments: