Friday, August 24, 2007

Getting Out of the Fire

I have been hiding in my basement for the last several days, surrounded by my old copies of the Journal of Policy Analysis and Management and my significant (albeit fleeting) wine collection, in a vain attempt to avoid the heat and humidity.

Frankly I got sick of all the sweat rolling down my back in between my buns of steel.* While this may be a turn on to some people, it just makes me feel disgusting and want to take a shower.

Coincidentally, this is the same reason I did not go to law school.

So, after I spend the day saving the City from certain doom, I spend the evening squeezing out the sweat from my clothing. Honestly, I have better things to do... like playing lawn darts or smuggling cell phones into the County Court House. Of course, because of the heat, the smuggling has been more uncomfortable than usual.

But, if you're Downtown and it's hot, play the game that I do after work: try to see how far you can walk without going outside. [Please note: the tunnel from the City County Building to the County Office building is restricted.]

Can it be winter yet?

---
*Weight, not hardness. Sorry if I ruined anyone's illusions.


No comments: