Thursday, May 18, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

A couple things that are floating around in my alcohol, paperwork addled brain. Enjoy.

---
Saw this horrible, round glowing thing in the sky this afternoon. It looked like a ball of incandescent gas, a giant nuclear furnace where hydrogen was converted into helium at temperatures of millions of degrees. No clue what it was.

---
Ralph Piatt's Millcraft Industries was selected as developer for the Fifth/Forbes corridor by the mayor. I suppose third times the charm... or fourth... or whatever. I'm sure that in his 130 or so days in office, he's been able to make an informed, well planned, non-political decision. Maybe it's even this decision.

---
OK, so I was generally wrong in my predictions for election day. I called the easy ones (Casey, Knoll, Petrone), but blew the big ones (Stevenson, Preston, Incumbency retention). The way I look at it, I was 3/6... which is .500. If I played for the Pirates, I would be batting 4th.

---
I'd like to send out a big ol' danke schon to the Germans. They know why.

---
Rule #9 says "There's a reason, there's ALWAYS a reason." The problem a lot of bad bureaucrats have is that they don't understand the reason, and instead fixate themselves on procedure and policy rather than the underlying reason. With that in mind: Ms. X, you do not need Form 2346-D when Forms 6987-F and 92501 will do just as well!

---
OK, that's what I've shaken out. I think I'll go try to figure out how to put umlauts over the O's in hypertext.

No comments: