Monday, September 29, 2008

A Brief, Humorous Aside

From the joke files:

A sailor hired on as the first mate to a merchant ship back in the days of the pirates. After a few days on the open seas the crew spied a pirate ship on the horizon. The captain shouted to the first mate, "Hurry, go to my cabin and get me my red shirt!" The first mate did as he was told and the captain donned the red shirt. A furious battled ensued, but the pirates were driven back and the merchant ship cruised on victorious. Two days later they again spotted a pirate ship cruising toward them and the captain shouted, "Quick! Go to my cabin and get me my red shirt!" The first mate got him the red shirt and a terrible battle was underway with the pirates. The merchant ship won the battle and sailed on into the night. Two days went by and they saw two pirate ships on the horizon. The captain shouted to the first mate, "Hurry! Go get me my red shirt!" - and the first mate quickly obeyed. Again, the merchant ship valiantly fought off the two pirate vessels and sailed away victorious. Finally the first mate could no longer mask his curiosity and he asked the captain, "What is there about that shirt that makes you win your battles? Does it bring you simple luck? Is it a mystical shirt?" The captain laughed and said, "Oh, nothing as unusual as that - I simply wear my red shirt so that if I am cut in the heat of battle my enemies and my own sailors won't see that I am wounded. It gives the impression that I am in a stronger position." A week later they spied TEN pirate ships cruising toward them. The captain turned to the first mate and shouted, "Quick! Go to my cabin and get me my brown pants!"
Wait a second... what's Ben Bernanke wearing?


Oh my...

No comments: