WASHINGTON, Dec. 17 - President Bush acknowledged on Saturday that he had ordered the National Security Agency to conduct an electronic eavesdropping program in the United States without first obtaining warrants, and said he would continue the highly classified program because it was "a vital tool in our war against the terrorists."
Saturday, December 17, 2005
From this nation's newspaper of record:
Combined with previous actions on judicial process and coercive information gathering, I don't think that the Bush administrtaion has gone nearly far enough in protecting our Freedom and Civil Liberties. For those of you are counting, this is only three out of the first ten amendments; that's an "F". We need to expect a C+ from this President or better. Here's some help:
1) Terrorists, who are by definition guilty, must be tried until they are found guilty;
2) On second thought, if they are by definition guilty, no trial is needed;
3) Terrorists can't work in secret cells if troops are stationed in their homes;
4) Moreover, if they aren't armed, they can't do any damage. Take away their guns, as there's no way that they could ever do any damage without them;
5) In fact, we must stop them from even talking about terrorism, writing about it, or even getting together in the first place. If we allow people to openly talk, publish, or assemble our very Freedoms will be undermined.
6) And, frankly, this Islam thing doesn't seem compatable with Freedom. It needs to be prohibited.
So, there you go George. That brings you up to 8 1/2. Don't know how you're going to remove the rights of the States or the other people, or the other rights not innumerated. That's going to be hard, but I have faith.
Oh, and if you're reading this Blog, the NSA, CIA, and FBI are already on their way to your house.
God Bless America... we need all the help we get at this point.
Posted by O at 3:49 PM