Got this in our email box mere moments ago:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COUNCILWOMAN THERESA SMITH APOLOGIZES FOR FALSE CLAIM ALLEGATIONS
Wishes to clear the air on other matters
Councilwoman Theresa Smith would like to apologize to all of her constituents and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for an ad that some have misconstrued as inferring that the Post-Gazette had endorsed her for the upcoming primary.
"I wish to run a campaign of honesty and integrity against the remnants of human refuse that are my opponents."
Councilwoman Smith wishes to clarify the following items, which have been questionable veracity:
* Funding for the Mount Washington CDC was provided in part by Councilman Bruce Kraus, not, as earlier indicated, by Councilwoman Smith alone."I hope these clarifications will set the record straight for the voters of Council District 2."
* Funding for the Westwood Athletic Association had been introduced to council, not formally approved.
* The Councilwoman was endorsed by the Allegheny County Democratic Committee, not the band ACDC, as some literature had indicated.
* Ms. Smith did not repave Chartiers Boulevard by herself, but was assisted by the road crew at Department of Public Works.
* Ms. Smith did not steal the Mares of Diomedes or the Apples of the Hesperides. These are part of the twelve labors of Hercules.
* The Councilwoman was not, as previously indicated on her website, the starting forward for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
* The Councilwoman does not know the Pope or Ronald McDonald personally.
* Ms. Smith was never a man named "Larry."
* Despite having only served only a few weeks in Council, the Councilwoman does have a record to stand on, but certain mailing may have incorrectly indicated that all legislation passed by council was as the result of her actions.
* Ms. Smith has never eaten the hearts of her enemies.